Guide to Unit Elections – National Video
The following training videos are for the OA Troop Representative and Adviser.
Unit Election Process
Here is the summarized Unit Election Process:
- The unit posts to its troop when it will be holding it’s Order of the Arrow Election on an annual basis
- The unit’s Scoutmaster identifies which Scout(s) have met the membership requirements to be on the Troop’s Ballot. Review the Lodge Chief’s Letter for further explanations on qualifications.
- The troop reaches out to a local troop’s OA Represenative or the Lodge’s Election team to hold the election
- The troop holds the elections following the Guide to Elections.
- The Elections Team (with help from the Troop’s Scoutmaster) fills out both the Unit Election Report AND the Unit Election Results – Candidate Contact Information that both need to be send in to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The troop then calls out the elected youth and encourages them to attend one of our upcoming Induction Weekends
- The troop not the election teams, provide each elected member with Candidate Information Package after they have been called out.
- The Troop’s Committee reviews the Adult Nomination Guidelines and submits Adult Nomination Forms as applicable for review.
If you need help setting up your unit’s election or to help promote your Unit’s OA program, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Election Related Forms
Complete Election Kit of all of the Forms
- This ZIP file contains all of the documents listed below.
- Click here to download a copy.
Election Forms for Unit Leaders
- This letter from the Lodge Chief explains Unit Elections for the Order of the Arrow
- Click here to download the lodge’s Election Guidelines
Unit Election Reports – Youth
- Paper Form – Page 1 of this form needs to be legibly filled out, scanned, and emailed back as directed.
- Candidate Contact Information (Spreadsheet) – Please use this MS Excel file below to provide complete information on those that were elected.
Unit Election Reports – Adult
- Adult Candidate Nomination Form Letter This letter from the Lodge Adviser explains the nominating process for potential adult candidates
- Adult Nomination Form This form is to be filled out and signed by the Committee Chair and Unit Leader. This form is also used by District Chairs and Council-level volunteers/professionals wishing to nominate adults for possible membership in the OA. Completed forms must be returned as directed by the deadline.
Candidate Information Package
This document contains all of the information an elected candidate needs in order to prepare for an Induction Weekend.